Swaddling is an age-old art of tightly wrapping up a baby so that they feel safe and secure. This technique mimics the experience the newborn had in the womb so it’s a no-brainer that swaddling is so beneficial!
“Tight swaddling is the cornerstone of calming, the essential first step in soothing your fussy baby and keeping him soothed,” says Harvey Karp, M.D., a renowned pediatrician and the author of The Happiest Baby on the Block.
Swaddling offers the perfect transition your new-born desires from the womb to the external world. While Swaddling can help on various occasions, It’s enjoyed the most by babies during - naps, longer sleep-time, feeding and whenever it needs some extra comfort.
At Tinylane, we have deciphered inputs from various techniques and have summarized “5 easy steps to swaddle your baby right”
Let's Talk About Benefits - Medical And Otherwise!
- Swaddling is a time-honoured practice
- Babies who are swaddled often sleep better (and longer) due to the fact that it lessens the startle reflex.
- Swaddling reduces the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) because it keeps the baby on it’s back.
- Babies who are swaddled experience less colic.
- Swaddling keeps your baby feeling secure, making them calm, peaceful and most importantly, happy.